Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year, New Blog, New Stories

I used to have a blog, not this blog, but now I have this blog, so you better get used to it, OK?

I have a story at Necessary Fiction. I have a story at Staccato Fiction. Read them, if you please. I plan to have other stories elsewhere. I'll let you know how that works out for me.

I've received three rejections in 2011 so far. No acceptances. I won't make this into a rejection blog. Roxane Gay already does that far better than I ever would. Read her blog. Read her stories. Just read, God.

I'm a museum guard, sometimes. Right now, I'm not. I mean, I guess I'm on reserve. There's a special exhibit in April and I'll go back to work that for a few months if nothing else comes along. My most recent stint there ended yesterday. I liked the other temporary people I worked with. Out of the group of us, I liked almost all of them. That's a rare treat indeed, like those foreign candies you buy at World Market because they seem so exotic even though they're really just chocolate or gummies or licorice with different names.



No comments:

Post a Comment

From the mouths of beasts.